More than any other place, California is well positioned to push back against the agenda of the incoming president. In this special series, Capital & Main examines why and how the Golden State will both lead the resistance to Donald Trump and continue to advance progressive ideas and policies.
- University of Southern California Professor Manuel Pastor and Capital & Main publisher Danny Feingold look at why California must lead in the Trump era.
- Danny Feingold names 10 influential Californians who will take on the Trump administration.
- Leighton Woodhouse reports on how advocates are planning for the anticipated assault on immigrants.
- Judith Lewis Mernit explores how environmental activists will work to block Trump’s efforts to reverse climate change policies and to keep California in the vanguard of fighting global warming.
- Bill Raden examines how the repeal of Obamacare will affect California residents, and how the state can limit the damage.
- Bobbi Murray reports on how California’s formidable labor movement will oppose Trump’s attacks on workers’ rights and launch new initiatives to battle economic inequality.
- Bill Raden looks at how California artists are gearing up for the Trump era.
Click here to read the full article on Capital and Main.